Water is vital to good health, so be sure to provide your pet guinea pig with this life-sustaining ingredient. Bowls are okay (and will due in a pinch), but having a water bottle is a cleaner, safer alternative to messy dishes that can tip, spill, or be chewed through.
Let’s explore our top 10 picks for guinea pig water bottles and a short guide with some tips for choosing the right one.
Top Picks for Guinea Pig Water Bottles
1. Choco Nose H128 Water Bottle
With a patented leak-proof nozzle, the Choco Nose H128 Water Bottle may be the perfect choice for your guinea pig or small rodent. With an 11.02-ounce capacity and BPA-free design, this water bottle is a safe and effective alternative to dishes. It comes with a user-friendly screw-on bracket (which can also be affixed with screws to a wooden surface) and the bottle itself can be switched out for a regular-sized soda bottle.
- No-drip design
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Easy to use
- Comes with bracket
- Holds 11.2 ounces of water
- Stainless Steel nozzle
- Not dishwasher safe.
2. RentACoop 32 oz Water Bottle
With a huge 32-ounce capacity and a no-drip nozzle, the RentaCoop Water Bottle is great for multi pets or larger guinea pigs and bunnies. The unit is BPA-free and comes with a simple wire bracket and spring mechanism for easy attachment to the cage. The drinking nozzle is chew-proof and you can easily refill the bottle through the top flip-lid.
- Chew-proof design
- Flip-top for easy refilling
- Large 32 ounce capacity
- Eco-friendly and BPA-free
- Easy to use
- No choice in lid color as it is random.
3. Living World Eco + Water Bottle
This recycled glass water bottle comes in two sizes (12 and 26 ounces) with a water level indicator. The double-ball bearing and drip-resistant nozzle help keep your pet’s cage clean and dry, while the easy to install spring attachment make hooking this unit to your pet’s cage a snap.
- Drip-resistant with a double ball bearing design
- Recycled glass is easy to clean and does not retain soap residue
- Comes in different sizes
- Spring attachment with hanger
- Stainless steel nozzle
- Some pet parents complain that too little water is dispensed
4. Lixit Glass Tube Water Bottle
With six different sizes to choose from, the Lixit Glass Tube Water Bottle has a style to fit many animals and birds. This model attaches easily and quickly to any wire cage, so cleaning and refilling are a snap. The glass receptacle won’t retain soap residue (as does plastic) and the rubber stopper and stainless steel nozzle are built for durability.
- Six size options to choose from.
- Stainless steel nozzle and rubber stopper
- Glass bottle is easy to clean
- Comes with a wire hanger
- May seem pricey to some
- May not be suitable for very small guinea pigs
5. MidWest Small Animal Water Bottle
This BPA-free water bottle holds up to 10.14 ounces of water and comes with both suction cups (for glass-sided enclosures) and a user-friendly plastic screw for compatible cages. The easy-fill lift-top makes refilling the water a breeze, while the stainless steel sip spout is durable enough to withstand those tiny teeth and repeated usage.
- Comes with three different ways to attach to your guinea pig’s home.
- Durable drinking spout.
- Easy-life top for quick refills.
- Available in three sizes
- Works best for compatible cages (MidWest Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Critter Nation, Ferret Nation Cages & Small Animal Playpens),
- Some assembly is required to secure the unit and to ensure it doesn’t leak.
6. SunGrow Water Bottle
Say “goodbye” to messy water dishes that can be tipped, played in, or collect dirt and debris. The SunGrow water dispenser is perfect for cages, and crates to keep your pet hydrated. This bottle is perfectly angled to prevent dripping and the stainless steel ball inside the drinking nozzle blocks water from dripping out when not in use. The screw-on bracket can be used in a cage, crate or even can be attached to a wall for your pet’s convenience.
- Available in different sizes
- Can attach to a cage, kennel or the wall
- Easy roller ball inside nozzle makes drinking easy for your pet.
- Keeps water cleaner
- Some users may find this unit noisy
7. Ferplast Small Animal Water Bottle
There’s no need to completely remove the Ferplast Small Animal Water Bottle for quick top-offs, just remove the lid, pour, and replace. The transparent plastic makes viewing the water level, easy, too. Plus, it comes with a stainless steel drinking nozzle that is watertight and a practical fastening system that works on both cages and glass surfaces.
- Available in three sizes to suit most rodents
- See-through plastic for gauging water levels
- Watertight drinking nozzle
- Comes with suction cups (for aquariums) and a screw-on fastener for cages.
- Removable lid for quick fill-ups
- No metal rollerball. Will need the provided tool to tighten so it doesn’t leak.
8. SatisPet Water Dispenser
Allow your pet to freely drink with the SatisPet Water Dispenser. It’s specially designed to affix to either the inside or the outside of your pet’s cage. This water bottle is leak-free and comes with a stainless steel drinking nozzle and rubber stopper. The durable plastic is safe for your pet and it can be set up in just a few minutes.
- Holds a large capacity of water
- Inside and outside attachment capabilities
- Stainless steel, leak-proof drinking nozzle.
- Can be used with a variety of pets
- Plastic may be chewed through.
9. Newweic Pet Drinking Bottle
The Newweic Pet Drinking Bottle is designed with your little critter in mind. It is chew-proof, made from pet-friendly, BPA-free plastic with a stainless steel drinking nozzle. This unit is also drip-resistant, and won’t produce any annoying sounds while in use. It will even affix quickly and easily to your pet’s cage.
- The bottle is designed on an angle that makes it drip-resistant and easy to use.
- Made from pet-friendly plastic
- Attaches easily to any cage.
- Available in four water capacity sizes
- May not hold enough water for multiple pets
10. Kaytee Chew-Proof Water Bottle
Made with glass, the Kaytee Water Bottle is chew-proof and easy to clean. The spring attachment hanger makes it universally usable with any cage, while the stainless steel drinking nozzle and cap will ensure your busy critter won’t chew through it. Plus, it’s perfect for multiple pets with its large capacity capability.
- Glass bottle won’t hold onto soap residue
- Durable and chew-proof
- Universal cage hanger
- Holds a lot of water
- Stainless steel drinking nozzle and cap
- Some pet parents may find it too large for smaller rodents.
What to Look for in a Guinea Pig Water Bottle
Before you choose the best water bottle for your guinea pig, Here are some tips that may help you narrow down your choices.
As you probably read with our reviews, water bottles come in a variety of sizes, so choose one that is right for your pet. If you are housing more than one guinea pig in the same enclosure, you may want to choose a larger capacity unit. However, having a very large water bottle for one small “piggy” may make it unnecessary to change the water, which could affect its freshness. To prevent stale water, make a habit of changing your pet’s water once-a-day, even if it’s still “full.”
One of the biggest complaints about water bottles is they may leak. This can create a wet living space which is not healthy for your guinea pig. Even if your bottle says it is leaf-proof, the units can still leak. However, there is a trick to help prevent that from happening.
Fill up the water bottle, put the stopper and nozzle in place and screw on tight. Now with your finger blocking the drinking nozzle, turn the bottle upside down. Allow all the bubbles to go to the top and then flip it over and attach it to your pet’s cage. This should stop it from leaking.
If your water bottle is being placed inside your guinea pig’s cage, you will want to ensure it is made from glass and stainless steel that cannot be chewed through.
All water bottles come with a way to attach them to your guinea pig’s enclosure. Be sure the unit you choose comes with the appropriate mechanism to stay in place.
Tips and Hints to Using a Guinea Pig Water Bottle
- Be sure to check the water bottle’s nozzle daily to ensure it is working. You can do this by tapping the metal ball inside the nozzle (if it has one) to ensure the water is being dispensed. You will want to do this after you refill the unit, as well.
- Another way to tell if your water bottle is working is if you see bubbles when you tap the nozzle.
- Under no circumstances should you ever squeeze the water bottle.
- Never over-tighten the screw-on bracket.
- Give your water bottle a thorough cleaning at least once-a-week.
There are plenty of guinea pig water bottles on the market today, so know what your little “piggy” needs so you can narrow down your choices. From durability, water capacity, and being leak-proof your guinea pig needs the correct model to help keep him healthy, happy, and well-hydrated.