You don’t have to be a professional walker or dog trainer to get a dog treat bag. This simple, little pouch is a powerful tool for training puppies and spoiled salivating beasties. Why? This bait bag will allow you to carry snacks securely and access them quickly, which makes training a lot easier for you and your pooch.
So, if you want your furry pal to have a halo on its head, positive reinforcement is the way to go and a good-quality dog treat bag is your sword!
10 Best Dog Treat Bags Reviewed
Paw Lifestyles Dog Treat Training Pouch
The Paw Lifestyles Dog Treat Training Pouch uses nylon fabric, which is lightweight and water-resistant. The bag measures 7 x 2.5 x 5 inches and weighs only 6.4 ounces. To understand its capacity, it can hold a small pack of munchies, a roll of doggie-doo bags, some folded paper napkins, a coin purse, a smartphone, and a collapsible water dish.
The main compartment is bright green for added visibility, and you can pull it all the way out for emptying debris. You can also lock this section with a drawstring bead to keep delicious treasures intact.
Additionally, there are three other pockets to carry essentials. The zippered pouch at the side is for storing waste bags, and you can conveniently pull a bag out through a small rubber opening. As for me, I use it for holding my phone. I also run the earphone cords through the hole.
I love that you have many options for wearing the bag. You can wear it over your shoulder, around your waist, or tuck it in your belt. There are also two D-rings on each side for hanging items, such as a whistle or a dog clicker. Overall, I feel this dog treats training pouch by Paw Lifestyles is an excellent choice for short doggie adventures.
- Made of lightweight and water-resistant nylon
- Includes a 48-inch adjustable waistband, a sturdy metal belt clip, and a removable shoulder strap
- Has one large compartment with a drawstring lock, one front pocket with a zipper, one high-quality mesh, and one side pocket with a zipper
- Comes with a poop bag dispenser
- The D-rings are plastic
- Not easy to open or close using one hand
PetSafe Treat Pouch
Being able to grab a treat as quickly as possible is part of excellent positive reinforcement training. That is why the Petsafe Treat Pouch is highly commendable because it lets you get the yummies out with ease.
This doggie bag features a spring mechanism. You can open the pouch with a simple press on the front and vice versa. Rest assured the compartment will shut tightly to prevent wet noses from poking around while you are busy.
Moreover, the main compartment has a fabric wall with Velcro. Hence, you have two separate spaces in the interior alone. The bag has small pockets at the front, too. Likewise, you will find a carabiner for attaching a clicker, as well as utility loops for fastening other items.
This fanny pack consists of a Cordura-like material. Thus, it offers decent protection against abrasions, tears, and scuffs. Adding to that, the adjustable 52-inch waist strap is made of nylon webbing and has a sturdy buckle. This product comes in a Mini and Standard Sport version. The latter measures 7.5 x 6.5 inches, and it weighs 7.2 ounces only.
My only complaint is the size of the front pockets. Putting stuff at the front takes away from the main compartment. Expect the bag to be slightly heavy on the side because of the metal spring used for opening and closing.
- Made of Cordura-like material with excellent abrasion resistance
- The clamp-type mechanism keeps the pouch open or closed with a single push or pull
- The main compartment has two separate sections
- Has a 52-inch waist belt strap made of nylon webbing
- Includes a carabiner and utility loops
- Available in black, blue and red
- You have to put lube on the spring mechanism to prevent jamming
- There is no way to dispense waste bags
Doggone Good Dog Training Bag with Belt
The Doggone Good Dog Training Bag offers professional quality and a low profile design. The pouch boasts of a 600-Denier polyester construction, which is the same material used to create backpacks. Although this bag would not hold its shape while open, I like that it has a magnetic closure. You can close the bag with a tap of your hand. Likewise, it doesn’t make a sound when you open it.
The bag includes two D-rings and an adjustable strap with a buckle, so you have the option to wear it as a shoulder bag. You can also wear it as a waist pack since there are loops for threading a belt. But I prefer the secure grip and convenience brought by the Doggone Good Dog custom-made molded belt clip.
The Doggone Good Dog Training Bag is quite big, but it is not obtrusive since it lies flat against my hip. It features a roomy main compartment, a jackpot pocket with Velcro, a front pocket, and two side pockets. To give you an idea of how spacious it is, it can hold a tennis ball, three cups of munchies, and a leash. By the way, one of the side pockets is a waste bag dispenser.
- Made of heavy-duty 600-D polyester
- Features a magnetic enclosure
- Includes a belt with buckle and belt clip
- The jackpot pocket with Velcro is for storing high-value snacks
- Has two side pockets (with a waste bag dispenser feature on one side) and one front pocket
- Available in black, blue, lime green, purple, and red
- Doesn’t hold its shape while open
Dog Treat Pouch by barkOutfitters
This one here by barkOutfiiters is among the most straightforward dog training treat bags in the market. This bag features a nylon construction complete with reflective side stripes to improve visibility in low-light areas. It has a spacious interior for storing treats and toys, as well as an extra mesh pouch for keeping other valuables.
With a simple drawstring closure, this pouch is best for new trainers or pet parents who prefer a basic dog treat bag. There isn’t much to say about the product for either pros or cons. Nevertheless, this bag is a useful option to try.
- Big enough to fit your hand
- Equipped with reflective side stripes
- Has a mesh storage pouch
- Includes a belt clip and a belt loop
- Easy to clean, quick to dry
- Available in blue, orange, and red
- Awkward to carry
- The quality of the pull string and button needs improvement
- The lining is a dark color and is much larger than it needs to be
SOMEITY Dog Treat Pouch for Training
Made with heavy-duty and waterproof 1000-Denier nylon, this dog treat pouch from SOMEITY is perfect for intense training and rougher excursions. The bag includes a 48-inch waistband and a shoulder strap, both of which are removable and adjustable. Hence, you have many ways to wear it. The pouch also features a metal buckle design, so it stays even when you are busy jogging with your canine companions.
SOMEITY Dog Treat Pouch for Training offers plenty of storage space. It measures 4.7 x 2.6 x 7 inches and weighs about 4 ounces. The bag includes a main compartment, a zippered storage pocket, and a mesh storage pocket. And so, you will have enough room to store your doggie’s gear and your valuables. The treat’s section has an adjustable drawstring to prevent treats from tumbling out. Likewise, the lining is a vivid orange color.
The best thing I like about this pouch is that the front side has a small hole for earphones. This feature is such a relief for us pet parents who prefer to hit the road with our favorite playlist. Finally, we don’t have to use the waste bag dispenser! But if you are unhappy with the pouch, you can return it to the manufacturer and get your money back.
- Made with 1000-D nylon
- Boasts of an excellent waterproof construction
- Equipped with a metal belt clip
- Includes an adjustable shoulder strap and waist belt
- Complete with a main compartment, a zippered storage pocket, and mesh storage pockets
- Has an earphone hole
- Consists of a waste bag dispenser and a waste bag pocket
- Available in black, blue, gray, light gray, orange, purple, and yellow
- The pouch is fabulous, but the belt and strap feel flimsy and cheap
H&H Pets Dog Treat Pouch with Shoulder Strap
This dog treat pouch by H&H works splendidly for concealing treats. You can wear this bag like a cross-body purse or a waist pack. Each side of the pouch has a D-ring for connecting its adjustable strap. The strap will range between 32 to 54 inches, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding a snug fit regardless of your size. There is also a buckle behind the bag so that you can secure it onto your belt.
H&H Pets Dog Treat Pouch measures 5 x 7 x 2 inches and measures only 4.8 ounces. Additionally, you will find that this bag has a zipper closure at the front for keeping valuables, such as cash and cards. There is also a mesh compartment to put your keys or phone. It also includes a waste bag dispenser and storage. Then there’s the H&H Pets logo, which is a reflective material to provide easy visibility during nighttime.
By the way, it is worth mentioning that the manufacturer gives 15% of its profits to animal rescue organizations. But if you are unsatisfied with the product, you can return it within 60 days and get your money back.
- Made of nylon with manually sewed stitches
- Has a main compartment, zipper closure, mesh pocket, and a waste bag storage and dispenser
- The main compartment is moisture-proof
- Comes with an adjustable waist/shoulder strap and a belt clipper
- You will receive one pack of doggie-doo bags
- 15% of the profit goes to animal shelters
- Some pet parents might find the main compartment too deep
Petgiggle Dog Training Bag
If you are a dog walker, pet nanny, or fur parent in need of a large treat bag for two or more dogs, you should get the Petgiggle Dog Training Bag. This treat pouch measures 7 x 6.2 x 1.2 inches and weighs only roughly 4 ounces. The bag is spacious enough to hold lots of goodies and toys to last for multiple walks. The pouch has a drawstring enclosure to take out snacks fast and keep greedy pooches at bay.
Adding to that, this dog treat bag comes with a doggie-doo bag dispenser at the left side pouch and an extra side pocket. Instead of carrying a whole pack of doggie snacks, you can clip the bag easily onto your jeans. The pouch also has an adjustable and removable waist belt.
Overall, the Petgiggle Dog Training Bag is capable of containing a good deal of tasty rewards, and it has more than enough space for a water bottle.
- The only pouch in this list that can hold a bottle of water
- Includes a belt clip and a belt loop
- Complete with built-in poop bag storage and dispenser
- Has an extra side pocket with Velcro
- Available in beige, blue, and red
- It flops all over the place when you run
- The plastic clip that goes on the waist belt comes off easily
LANNEY Dog Treat Pouch Pet Training Bag
Walking a mighty Belgian Malinois and an enthusiastic Aspin is not always a straightforward errand. Sometimes my dogs’ curiosity and savior complex get me into trouble. That is why the LANNEY Dog Treat Pouch Pet Training Bag is a godsend! I use this dog treat bag to store my phone and some cash without losing them as we engage in battle with feral cats.
Whether you’re a pro dog trainer or a loving pet parent, you should get your hands on this product. You will be impressed with its design and how well it executes its purpose. This product boasts of a 600-Denier Oxford exterior with waterproof PVC coating. Come rain or shine; this pouch will fair well. Likewise, this bag has a thick, water-resistant nylon lining with an apple green color for increased visibility. Not to mention the impeccable stitching and reinforced zippers.
The LANNEY Dog Treat Pouch measures 7.5 x 7.5 x 1 inches and weighs 4.8 ounces. You can stuff a lot of biscuits and jerky bits in the main compartment, but if you want to carry more, you can! This dog treats bag features a unique extendable interior with a reliable drawstring mechanism. What’s more, there is an enlarged zippered pocket at the front to keep your phone, a sizeable mesh pocket for toys, and another zippered pouch at the back.
Another thing I like about this bag is that it has two poop bag dispensers. Plus, you can wear it in four ways — around your waist, over the shoulder, cross-body, or on your belt. With all these features, I can’t help but love this bag!
- Made of 600-D Oxford with waterproof PVC coating
- Features double stitches, user-friendly and high-quality zippers
- The main storage compartment is expandable
- The lining is high-density and water-resistant nylon
- Includes a thick reflective strip
- Has an enlarged zippered pocket, mesh pocket, and a back pocket
- Uniquely designed with doggie-doo bag dispensers on each side
- Sturdy D-rings
- Four ways to wear
- Free collapsible water dish and clicker
Doggydobby Dog Treat Pouch
The Doggydobby Dog Treat Pouch is an excellent solution for strolls in the park, puppy training, or power walks around the neighborhood. I can’t believe I never knew about this when my dogs were still puppies. Aside from the dog treat pouch, the package includes a training aid, a collapsible silicone water bowl, and a 2-in-1 dog clicker.
The bag measures 7 x 5.3 x 2.3 inches with a kibble capacity of up to two cups. The convenient drawstring of the main compartment will securely contain a generous amount of tasty treats and fun toys. There are also other sections to keep your valuables, such as two zippered pouches and a mesh pocket.
The pouch also has two reflective stripes for visibility when walking at night. There is also a built-in waste bag storage and dispenser as well.
There are multiple ways you can wear the Doggydobby Dog Treat Pouch. You can carry it over your shoulder or as a cross-body purse by attaching the shoulder strap to the D-rings on both sides. You can also attach the pouch to your jeans using the sturdy metal belt clip or wear it as a fanny pack. The extra-long waist belt will fit waistlines between 21.5 to 46.4 inches.
- Has two zippered pouches and a mesh pocket
- Includes a training aid, a collapsible silicone water bowl, and a 2-in-1 dog clicker
- Has two reflective stripes for visibility
- The manufacturer did not mention what materials they use
PetBonus Denim Dog Treat Training Pouch
The PetBonus Denim Dog Treat Training Pouch may not be the fanciest looking item on this list, but it has all the essential features. You can carry your phone, cards, cash, food rewards, toys, and even pepper spray inside this pouch. As the name hints, this bag features a denim construction, and we all know how durable denim is. The stitching is impeccable, too!
The pouch measures 7.2 x 5.5 x 2.5 inches, so it’s a great size for the price. The main compartment is broad and deep enough to contain a substantial amount of treats. You can fold over the top opening for faster treat access and use the drawstring closure for taking off the pouch. I like that there is a mesh pocket at the front to hold a 20-ounce water bottle. You can also use the zippered front pocket to store your phone.
Adding to that, this bag comes with a waist belt and a cross-body shoulder strap. However, you may want to replace the waist belt because it feels slippery and slides around when you walk. Nonetheless, it is a minor issue.
- Made of high-grade denim
- Includes a built-in poop bag dispenser, two D-rings
- Has four compartments
- Comes with a removable and adjustable 52-inch waist belt and shoulder strap
- You can put a 6.5-inch smartphone in the front pocket
- The belt glides around and prevents the bag from being stationary
Points to Consider When Buying a Dog Treat Bag
Dog treat bags have different constructions. Durable ones use nylon and Oxford cloth. These fabrics offer excellent abrasion- and water-resistance, but oftentimes they vary in the Denier rating. Fabrics with high Denier threads are thicker and sturdier, while the lower ones are softer. That aside, you want to make sure that the seams are well-stitched.
Ease of Cleaning
Since the pouch is most likely to get greasy and dirty fast, especially if you will bring high-value rewards — cheese, chicken, hotdogs, etc. You want your “can of worms” to be a breeze to clean. The dog treats bag should have a lining that you can pull out for emptying debris. You should be able to throw the pouch straight into the washing machine and have it come out in one piece. Another advantage of nylon fabrics is that they are quick to dry.
Size and Number of Compartments
Dog treat bags have minimal differences in regards to the size. However, some products have expandable liners to contain a substantial amount of treats for particular purposes. Still, you don’t want a bait bag that is too big.
You should also base your choice upon the number of pockets or compartments the bag has. You don’t want to mix your valuables with greasy biscuits. Check the pouch for the following:
- A pocket for storing and dispensing poop bags
- A zippered pocket for stashing cash, credit cards, ID, etc.
Each of us has our own preferences, including how we wear a dog treat bag. So, it helps to have a pouch that offers multiple ways of wearing it. The straps should be durable enough to stand the test of time.