Humans are using coconut oil from a very long time. To your surprises, coconut oil is not just beneficial for humans but for our furry balls and doggy friends too. We list you all the benefits here. Read everything because our best friends just don’t deserve to miss out any single one of them.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Coconut Oil For Dogs
Coconut is beneficial for everybody and it is also very beneficial for dogs. Many diseases and conditions can be cured or can be prevented by the use of coconut oil on dog. Yeast infection, hot spots, minor cuts, smelly coats all these can be cured by the coconut oil. Even cracked paws shows better results with coconut oil. In many other skin conditions coconut oil has shown a great progress in treating the infection. Coconut oil is like a natural medicine. It works perfectly for dogs and other animals. Not just with conditions and skin problems, coconut oil also helps your dog with his inner heath and nutrients.
- Unrefined coconut oil which is also known as “Virgin Coconut Oil” is very beneficial for both humans and dogs. It contains medium chain fatty acid and Lauric acid which are very healthy for your dog’s body, it prevents your dog from the bacterial and viral infection. It also builds the immune system of your dog which will give the power to fight against all bacteria and virus. It will also regulate and balance insulin in your dog’s body; it also promotes normal thyroid function in body. Regular use of coconut oil also shows the symptoms of prevention of diabetes from the body. So coconut is like protective shield for the dog’s body. It is like natural minerals for your dog. It will help him grow better and healthy.
- It reduces Cancer risk, in recent study it has shown that dogs that were in regular use of coconut oil are less prone to cancer than others. The components of coconut prevent skin from getting skin cancer or tumor. It not like that it will cure the cancer but it will reduce the chances of getting cancer in your dog. The virgin coconut oil got many significant features that no other natural thing gives and it is very useful for the heath of your pet. It can be used for Humans, Dogs and even for cats.
- Coconut oil also improves digestion of your dog. The antioxidant property of the coconut nut oil helps and increases the nutrients to get absorbed properly in the body. This will help your pet in getting a good diet and great digestion. It also helps your dog with colitis and inflammatory bowl syndrome. Furthermore there are many benefits of coconut oil for dogs, not just this. It also reduces and nearly eliminate the bad breathe from your dogs mouth, so when he will come to lick you up, you won’t feel disgusted by his breath. Many times it has seen that coconut oil helps your dog in coughing, well over all coconut helps your dog with better health and better hygiene.
- Coconut oil is great source for nutrition, arguably it is one of the best oils when it comes to nutrition and other health benefits. Coconut oil works absolute great for your dog’s skin. It is over 90% saturated fat and has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. These elements helps your dog in getting a great skin and coat. It also prevents your dog from getting allergies. Skin conditions like eczema, flea allergies and itchy skin can be treated well with coconut oil. It reduces the allergic reaction your dog gets from other infection. Besides to the health benefits,it also makes the dog’s coat glossy, shiny and sleek. Infectios like Candida, yeast and fungal infection can be reduced or prevented by the use of coconut oil. Coconut oil also works as a great healer to minor cuts on your dog’s body, if your dog is scratched, coconut oil can be used to treat that. It is natural and herbal plus coconut oil got no side effects.
How To Use Coconut Oil for Dogs?
Now we have cleared that coconut oil is perfectly good for your pets especially dog. We also told you about the benefits of coconut oil for dogs and these benefits are pretty awesome. Now you must be eager to use coconut oil on your dog and also you must be curious to know How to use coconut oil for dogs. Well we will tell you everything. Here are some ways in which you can use coconut oil for your dog, it is healthy for your dog in many ways.
Coconut Oil For Dog’s Dosage
Giving two tablespoons of coconut oil a day in food is the best way to keep your dog’s health in a perfect shape. But there is something you should keep in mind. In the beginning, start giving coconut oil in small quantity. Giving too much soon can cause negative impact to your pet’s health, he may get trouble with his digestive system and can get detox issues.So start with low and increase the dosage slowly.
Large amount of oil can also cause diarrhea or greasy stool, every new thing takes few days to get adjusted by the body. So keep the quantity small in starting days. It’s important for his body to get adjusted perfectly to the coconut oil. In starting for puppies, you should give ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil in his diet, more than that can cause some trouble. You should know that he is just a puppy and his stomach is not as strong as grown up dog. And for a large adult dog you should just give 1 teaspoon in starting. Keep track of their health and stool for few days. If they feel any discomfort then you should keep the quantity small. After few days, gradually increase the quantity of the coconut oil. And 2 teaspoon would be perfect for a large adult dog in his diet. Remember start giving your dog coconut oil in small quantity.
Coconut Oil for Dog’s Skin
There are many Benefits of coconut oil for dog’s skin.It is a natural stuff so it won’t cause any side effect on your dog’s skin.It will heal any rash on your beloved dog’s skin, it will also treat any minor wound or dry skin.
Using coconut oil on dog’s skin can be a trick. Dogs will behave dumb sometimes and this is one of the times, as soon as you apply the coconut oil on their wound or rash or dry skin, they will lick it off.So try wrapping the skin by some napkin or towel or hold him till the oil get absorbed by the skin.
You can also use coconut oil for dog allergies, brush your dog once in two weeks with coconut oil especially in summers, it will keep the fleas always from him. This will also prevent the dog allegilies.
Brush him with small quantity so that it won’t make mess in his hairs. try not to use coconut oil on his coat in winters, as in winter coconut oil freezes. After brushing him good with coconut oil keep him like that for few hours and then give him a great shampoo bath, it will increase the glow of his coat and will give in a glossy coat. It will also make your dog’s skin and coat soft. Using coconut oil for dog’s hair will make your dog heath. It is one of the best benefits of coconut oil for dogs.
- Coconut Oil contains 90% saturated fats and most of its saturated fat in coconut oil is Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs). MCT contains Lauric acid as main component followed by Capric acid, Capryril acid and few other acids. Lautic acid fight against bacteria and it has also shown positive results in curing the cancer.
- Coconut oil has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties which helps your dog in fighting these infections. Even after the infection coconut oil if perfect for your dog’s skin.
- Coconut Oil balances the insulin in the blood hence helping to prevent diabetes in dog. It also helps your dog to fight against heart disease.
- Use of coconut oil will give your dog a great shiny coat. Even his skin will be softer than ever. Not just it, it will also help in reducing doggy odor. Normal wounds, scratches and hot spots can be cured by coconut oil.
- Adding coconut oil in your dog’s food will increase his immune system and digestion. The taste of coconut oil is good so your dog won’t yikes it out.
In the end remember that coconut oil is great for your dog’s body and health, there are many benefits of coconut oil for dogs but remember to use it in limited quantity. They say, good of anything can be bad.